Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as An ASE certified Tech

I have an 06 H2 and my heated seats are coming on and off by

Customer Question

I have an 06 H2 and my heated seats are coming on and off by themselves. All the lights come on then one light at a time scroll to off then back on again.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It just started today. Heated seats come on and go off by themselves.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GM
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to begin to diagnose the problem you are having with the heated seat you are going to need to start with a scan of the Memory Seat Module to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you with this .

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a new seat module installed. How am I supposed to test it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have an OBD scan tool. Will this work.
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

It may depending on how capable your is. If not then you will need a full scan tool. Try your OBD scanner and lets see if you can get the codes.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There are No codes being thrown. Any suggestions.
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

I would start with checking the seat heater elements , there pretty common to fail and can cause the type of problem you are having. See the steps in the link below to check them.

Copy and paste the link below to your browser to open and view them.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Resistance is good. I have read the DDM could be the problem. Any thoughts
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

It not like a problem with the DDM, its more likely a problem with seal module and or a switch or the elements. With out having any fault codes to go on its pretty much a guessing game. If you sure the elements are okay then the next step would be to run the complete pinpoint test steps. See them below.