Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as An ASE certified Tech
7276279

I have a 2008 GMC Sierra - how much and where can I get an

Customer Question

I have a 2008 GMC Sierra - how much and where can I get an key made?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I want an extra key made - to open the door
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I dont know - I just need an extra key
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: can you answer by question or not
JA: Our top GM Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the GM Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the GM Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: GM
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

You can order a Blank key on E Bay for about $9.00 but it will need to be cut and programmed by either your dealer and or in some cases there are lock smiths that can do it for you as well. See the link below for locating a Blank key. You will need to contact your dealer for programming costs. In most cases it cheaper to have a lock smith do this for you as its usually more cost effective.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-GM-Factory-Original-07-to-13-GMC-Transponder-Keys-15921351-692932-/331396634470?fits=Make%3AGMC&hash=item4d28c75766:g:NkkAAMXQleBTmK1I&vxp=mtr