sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2004 hummer h2 drivers side power seat will not go up and

Customer Question

Hi, my 2004 hummer h2 drivers side power seat will not go up and down. The motor is making sound, but no movement. what can I do? Thank you, Kip
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: drivers side power seat will not go up and down
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GM
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the motor does make noise then you can be pretty certain that it's receiving power and ground. It's possible that power or ground is poor due to a wiring issue or voltage drop through the switch and there isn't enough current to operate the motor, but that isn't likely. A test light or a headlamp bulb and a couple jumper wires can be used to ensure power and ground are good at the motor.

If power and ground are good then the problem is either the motor itself or a mechanical failure of the adjuster. You'll want to ensure nothing foreign is blocking movement, if nothing is found then it would require replacement of the seat adjuster assembly. The assembly was fairly costly but has been discontinued so a used assembly would most likely be the only option.