GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2007 hummer H2 SUT and just bought a Navigational

Customer Question

I have a 2007 hummer H2 SUT and just bought a Navigational disc for it that gives me a disc read error, how do I fixed this without going to the dealer?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when I insert the navigation disc it say 'disc read error" it plays my other discs.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if I can if not I will take it to the dealer.
JA: Is there anything else the GM Mechanic should be aware of about your GM?
Customer: No, I just bought it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  tripletauto replied 9 months ago.

hello,

Where did you get the disc from? does your old disc work fine?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I ordered the disc online it is the OEM disc for the hemmer h2. I play disc in the player all the time, but when I insert the nav disc it gives me the disc read error.

you are inserting it in the navigation disc spot and not the cd correct? if you go into the menu and select change disc it will flip the screen open and allow you to insert the disc.