GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

, 2007 Escalade 6,2L with 180.000km. Engine misfires

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2007 Escalade 6,2L with 180.000km. Engine misfires when cranking, but really wont start. It may idle very rough for a split second. Have a skanner tool and it tells codes: P0449(emission) and P0308 (misfire on cyl 8)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GM
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 9 months ago.

Hi there, I am Cam.
Can I get your first name please?
I am not sure if you have used our service before or not. The experts here are third party contractors. Myself, I am a GM technician in a Gm dealership. I will be happy to help you. Please understand that my only compensation for the time spent helping you is by your rating of my service in a positive way. The more information you provide, the better the chances of getting your issue resolved. Also please reply if you have any followup questions.
So about your vehicle,

What is the fuel pressure?
Have you done a compression test?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Fuel aboat 55 and fairly steady on crank. No compression test. I was not expecting lack of comp at this milage. Smokes a little from rear exhaust when cranking.