GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Cam. I have the apparently very common problem with reduced

Customer Question

Hello Cam. I have the apparently very common problem with reduced engine, service traction control, service stabilitrack messages coming up, while losing engine power. Several suggestions point to changing the throttle body, but there are horror stories of making that change and others at the dealer to no avail. Do you have any information on this error.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2007 Yukon SLT. 107,000 miles. 4x4. The truck surged at idle speeds, in reverse, when I was pulling out this morning. After traveling about 3 miles, I lost engine power and all lights came on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GM
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, thanks for requesting me.

Do you happen to know what codes are setting when this happens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't. Don't have any way to check codes myself.

OK, often it is the throttle body, and getting a complete unit and installing is not a bad option. I would like to see codes. Can you see if your local part store can scan and let you know the code?