Dave Nova
Dave Nova, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I replaced the pass seat cover on my 2005 Hummer H2. When I

Customer Question

I replaced the pass seat cover on my 2005 Hummer H2. When I picked up the seat off the bench to replace it I lifted it in the front by grabbing the elec motor that makes it slide frontwards & backward. It became disconnected from the tubes on each end. I "thought" I reconnected it. once the seat was back in the Hummer I can hear the motor spinning but the seat does not move. I took the seat out and removed the electric motor but I do not see how it should work. The tubes on each end of the motor are hollow. Did I lose something when it came apart the first time?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The motor works. On each end of the motor are black plastic tubes that connect to it. They are hollow. The other end of the tubes attach to the frame.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GM
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 9 months ago.

Inside the tubes is a square metal flexible drive cable. The end of the cable must enter the motor on one end and the seat mechanism on the other. Check to see if the drive cable came out of the housing, or if it is pushed into the housing too far and will not engage the drive motor.