FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified
1627031

I have a 2006 LTZ and the engine light is on. Not having any

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Monte Carlo LTZ and the engine light is on. Not having any issues with the car except the engine light and when I took it to O'Reilly and had the code tester on it it came up with p2070. Seems like wet weather causes it more than anything because in the summer it doesn't come on unless it rains.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not having any issues with the car other than the engine light is on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GM
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** code you are getting is for he variable intake system. It means that the intake runner is sticking. If it happens more in cold weather it may be from carbon build up. If it is intermittent I typically recommend cleaning the intake system with a can of seafoam. This can be slowly added into the engine through a vacuum hose while the engine is running. Then the code should be reset to see if it comes back. if it does then the actuator may be failing. It can also be caused by a leaking vacuum hose but that is not as common if it is running fine. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more help.