GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have the same problem as the guy six yeas ago. EGR

Customer Question

Customer: I have the same problem as the guy six yeas ago. EGR position sensor codes and fuel pump circuit codes. No drivability problems. I changed the EGR sensor twice. Also changed fuel pump relay and checked fuse. I also cleaned all of the grounds that I could find. 2000 GMC YUKON XL 6.0.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I will get the codes tomorrow and contact you.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GM
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your first name please?

Can you tell me the code numbers pleasE?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Carl. I will get the codes. I didn't write them down. I will get back to you in a few hours.

That would be fine Carl. Save the link and reply back when you get them.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Codes are P0230 and P0404. They usually happen at the same time. Both voltage values and ground are correct at EGR connector. Again there are no drivability problems. The problem is intermittent and doesn't happen right away after codes are cleared.

Ok so do they happen at the same time?

Is there any chaffed wiring in the underwood fuse block or around the PCM? If all that is good then Ia m thinking its a problem inside the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). It reads and controls both and with both operating normally, its the device checking afterwards that is causing the issue, and thats the PCM.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Checked all and cleaned all contacts under fuse box. I'll try cleaning PCM connector then try new PCM if you think that should be the next procedure.

If your certain the wiring is all good then, and the areas I suggested are good then I think its the next place to look.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will double check wiring

OK, let me know what you find.

Please bookmark this page so you can easily navigate back to it so we can continue the discussion. This is done by pressing (CTRL D on PC and CMD D on Mac). You can reply at any time for follow up information regarding this issue, even after you rate the site and I will reply.