Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have a problem with a single wire going into under hood

Customer Question

Customer: I have a problem with a single wire going into under hood fuse panel on 2004 Chevy silverado 2500hd, I wanted to seperate top and bottom of fuse panel to repair, I cannot figure out how to accomplish this monumental feat.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: IT is a red wire that will intermittently knock out ABS, turn on Brake light and keep vehicle from even cranking over
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GM
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Unfortunately I dont think you will be able to. Youre best off replacing the fuse box. When you try to open it there are several layers sandwiched in there with lots of little parts and you will either break something or have a heck of a time getting it back together.