Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience GM certified
2947720

I have 94 Buick park ave. yr. when starting it up I have to

Customer Question

I have 94 Buick park ave. For last yr. when starting it up I have to push the key toward the steering column to get it to start. now it starts sometimes & sometimes it doesn't. Auto
Zone told me I probably need a new ignition switch. Do you agree or disagree? when I insert key all the lights on dash light up but it will not start, will not make a sound. Later on if I try to start it, some times it starts up immediately, Do I need ignition switch or do I need something else?
Category: GM
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

That does sound like the ignition switch. First though, is the security light on or flashing when it won't start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all lights are on
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks.

.

Do you know if there is power to the yellow wire at the ignition switch when the key is turned to start? (when not starting)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I turn the key all lights on dash are on security light is flashing
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

That is the ignition switch that is bad.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I can get the instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Test. It shows that you are waiting for me, Test

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****