tristan
tristan, ASE MASTER
Experience:  8yrs. exp. ASE MASTER
10186415

2010 GMC Sierra The Daytime running light 't comr on when

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** 2010 GMC Sierra The Daytime running light don't comr on when the truck is started
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Both lowbeam bulds are good I drive the truck with high beams on ( this has both high and low beams) bulbs illuminated
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to GM Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GM
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I switch to AUTO on the headlight switch, still no DRL's.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I checked fuses under the hood in the black box which the fuses and relays are situated....
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I viewed troubleshooting videos online. Could it be the relay? Or a diode?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can the headlight switch on the dash be removed and tested?
Expert:  tristan replied 10 months ago.

This circuit is difficult to diagnose without a scantool because you need to use it to see if the BCM is commanding the DRL or not, if it is and they light aren't on, the trucks in drive and the parking brake is not applied, engine running and DRL FUSE is good, you more than likely have a bad under hood fuse block. The DRL relay is built in the circuit board of the fuse block. Other than that if the BCM data shows its not commanding DRL on you need to see if it show the headlight switch in auto position. Also you'll need to see if the light sensor voltage data change when light and darkness hit the sensor. Please give a positive rating. I hope this helps. Thanks