cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

I have a 2003 hummer H2 that came equipped with an audiovox

Customer Question

I have a 2003 hummer H2 that came equipped with an audiovox prestige remote car starter with lock/unlock, start and option on the remote. Everything worked great until 2 days ago when it got down to 9 degrees out and my battery died. I had a new battery installed and now if you hit the start button on the remote it goes through the action of trying to start but cranks over starts and dies. Also the parking lights flash with a push of the lock/unlock buttons but the locks do not lock or unlock. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you
Category: GM
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 11 months ago.

Take it by a parts store have them reprogram the remote for you if the can't the dealer will do it free of charge most of the time

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We both know that parts stores and dealers do not reprogram aftermarket remotes for remote start systems. So you me answer will get an unhelpful vote from me.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just verified that with the dealer