GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I own a 2001 Buick LeSabre and the current problem was the

Customer Question

I own a 2001 Buick LeSabre and the current problem was the "service engine soon" light was on and steady. Took to my customary repair shop and they checked and said it was
EGR and replaced that along with some lines. They could not get the light to go off. I called Bob King GMC in Wilmington, NC and asked Chris who has been the supervisor there for years and he told me that my service call there would be $110.00. I have already paid
$260.00 for the repairs above. I will have to have my car inspected in another month and if there is a light on it will not pass inspection. I am 78 years old and this car (Bessie) still drives well, I have always serviced her well and there have been some problems over the years. But this one has mystitifed the mechanics who have always been able to fix the problems.
Category: GM
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Do you know what the code number is?

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
15932023-430
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting for you - I am on a big computer at my local library since I do not have internet at home. So, the e-mail comes to my cell phone and I do not always get good service. So, while I am here at the library is the best way for us to communicate. So, let's go Jerry.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks. An actual trouble code on the OBD2 system(s) will be in a format of Pxxxx, such as P1404, (low flow of the EGR system). I don't know what that code might be.