GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Have an 06 duramax when I start it cold check engine light

Customer Question

Customer: have an 06 duramax when I start it cold check engine light comes on and when it goes on elevated idle it starts chugging and stalls . if clear the code once it warms up it runs good till it cools again.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Did it last winter with k&n filter took that out put stock back in and was good for 8 months w2eather cold again and it started again it set of code p0101 nd sometimes an ego code
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to GM Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GM
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your first name please?

Which code is currently set then?

With the MAF code, have you cleaned the Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF) sensor off after the K&N filter usage?