GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

MY DASH LIGHTS 'T WORK AND I CAN'T PUT MY TRUCK INTO FOUR

Customer Question

MY DASH LIGHTS DON'T WORK AND I CAN'T PUT MY TRUCK INTO FOUR WHEEL DRIVE. HOW DO I CHECK THE FUSES ON MY TRUCK THAT DON,T HAVE THE SEE THROUGH PLASTIC?
Category: GM
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your first name please?

With your truck, is this the classic 2007 or new style? If you are unsure, post your VIN and I can tell from that.

With the fuses, are you referring to the larger relays? Fuses normally have the clear section that you can the side at the loop for the mini fuses or the J case fuses, the top is clear for this very reason.
Relays or the circuit breakers do not have this feature. The circuit breakers are sliver fuses and are self resetting and also not used for the lighting in your truck. Relays are a switch that the computer controls.

So lets see which truck you have and find the common link between these2 assuming they started at the exact same time.