GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2001 GMC 5.3L Yukon. Maybe 120.000 ***** *****.

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I have a 2001 GMC 5.3L Yukon. Maybe 120.000 ***** *****. Lost power on a trip. Garage replaced plugs, wires and fuel filter. Started and seemed to run good after each fix, but eventually would die and won't start without starter fluid:)) Had to leave it while I continued for the Holidays. They ordered fuel injectors, but won't receive them until Monday. Hoping to figure out the problem before I waste $... problem sound familiar??:))
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm Richard:) Never had any issues with it, but honestly my service engine soon light had been on for a while. Could it be a bad ground? Coil? It's weird how quickly it came on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to GM Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GM
Expert:  GM Bob replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help.

Do you know if they check the fuel pressure? If so can they tell you what it was? Do you know what code was turning on the engine light?

I can say I have seen very little problems with injectors.

I have seen fuel pumps go bad at that mileage.

Also some plugged exhaust caused by catalytic converters plugging.

Please get back with me

Sorry for the wait