Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have a 2004 GMC Sierra 4x4, and there is a service 4wd

Customer Question

I have a 2004 GMC Sierra 4x4 , and there is a service 4wd light on . It was on May of 2015 ,doing the same thing , the 4x4 is not working . I replaced the control switch in May and it worked fine until now . So I replaced the control switch again , but that did not change anything . When I turn the key on the lights on the control switch all come on and then all go off . then there is no lights that tells witch position it is in .
Category: GM
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Judging from the symptoms I would suspect a failed transfer case control module. Do you have a scan tool to check codes in the module to see what, if any codes exist?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a Can OBD2 diagnostic tool , which said there was no codes

Yeah unfortunately you will need a better scan tool to communicate with the transfer case control module.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will try to find someone with a better scan tool
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for the info Wayne

No problem. LEt me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. If you need anything further just reply to this same question to continue with no extra charges. The question will stay open for follow up questions at no extra charge even after you rate my service. Thanks