GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2003 gmc sierra driver front deployment loop voltage out of

Customer Question

Customer: 2003 gmc sierra driver front deployment loop voltage out of range code
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we changed steering box and now 4 codes pop up for me b0024 and b0026
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to GM Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GM
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 11 months ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your name please?

With your codes and your recent repair, Iam 100% certain that your issue is the clock spring. Let me explain.

Under the steering wheel is a device called a clock spring. This is a coil of wires that run to the air bags. There is enough extra wire so the wheel can turn stop to stop each way and not run out of wire. If the wheel is turned with the steering box not centered or the wheel off, it takes this out of its limits and the wiring can short together or tear completely. I suspect that your wheel turned without the steering box connected causing this.

So your repair, the only possible option is to replace the clock spring.