Pete, GMC Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealership technician and training.
14928985

We t a deer in 2008 H3 Hummer on front passenger headlight,

Customer Question

We hit a deer in 2008 H3 Hummer on front passenger headlight, almost no physical damage, however, the side airbags deployed and the engine will not start.
Is it possible for me to bypass airbag ignition cut off switch and drive vehicle?
Category: GM
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be ahoy to assist with this here today.

Usually the fault codes either need cleared out with a scan tool in the air bag and engine computer to see if the vehicle will start but I most cases with a deployed air bag the air bag computer has to be replaced and then programmed properly before it will start.

Unfortunately this is a safety feature that doesn't have a bypass that can be done.I would start with having the codes checked and cleared first and if this doesn't resolve the issue most likely the air bag computer needs replaced and programmed then codes cleared from engine computer to resolve this here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete