GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2007 classic 3500 duramax. Gives codes P003A and

Customer Question

I have a 2007 classic 3500 duramax.
Gives codes P003A and P02563 even after clearing. Diesel shop says I need a new turbo for $4,000. I read about some product that will clean the turbo. Is this product (Revive Trbo Cleaner a possible solution to the vanes being stuck?
Category: GM
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I Am Cam. Can I get your first name please?

Can you tell me how they cleaned it? There is a second method to cleaning by removing the cover on the drivers side and manually moving the plunger around.

Attached is the bulletin about this. Can you review it and see what if any they did on this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They didn't clean it yet. They cleared the codes. Is it possible to get the variable vanes working without taking out the turbo and installing a new one?
Will it damage the truck if the vanes are stuck at 70%?
If I put "revive turbo cleaner" through he intake is there any chance it can clean up the variable vanes enough to gt them operating again?
Is there another way to clean and free up the variable vane mechanism?

IT should not cause damage to the truck to drive it when its stuck. I have not heard of that cleaner, but I would be very interested to know if it works. As long as you follow the directions exactly it should not hurt anything. The only method for cleaning I know of is taking the cover off the drivers side and manually forcing the piston to clean it. Otherwise the turbo would need to be removed for manual cleaning.