GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2007 Hummer H2 and water is leaking in to headliner

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Hummer H2 and water is leaking in to headliner down A pillars. No one can seem to fix the problem
Category: GM
Expert:  Nate replied 1 year ago.

Has the windshield ever been replaced? I just had the same problem on another H2 where it was leaking at the top of the windshield. It would leak into the headliner, down the a pillar and onto the floor. We identified the source by pulling the headliner down slightly in the front and running water over the vehicle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had it replaced because I thought it was the windshield. I also sealed it even more around the windshield with seam sealer just to make sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could it be the body seam
Expert:  Nate replied 1 year ago.

So sorry for the delay! Yes it could be a body seam. The key is to have someone else help you. Remove or pull back the headliner and have someone wet down the car. Then you are going to look for the highest point where you see water coming in at. Does this vehicle have a sunroof? That would be a very common place to look. The drain for the sunroof could become blocked and water could spill on to the headliner. There are two small tubes that drain the water on the front corners of the sunroof. Look to see if they are broken inside the vehicle or if they are blocked.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did try the drains and made sure they were clear. I even poured water to test them and no leaks.
Expert:  Nate replied 1 year ago.

Have someone drench it with water while you pull the headliner down a bit. It's got to be a body seem or something. Does this vehicle have an xm radio antenna on the roof? That is also a common cause of water leaks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does have an xm antenna on the roof
Expert:  Nate replied 1 year ago.

See if water is coming in at the antenna