FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified
1627031

I have a 2008 Suzuki XL7. The power locks are not working.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2008 Suzuki XL7. The power locks are not working. Every time i push the button they try to work but are not strong enough to move the lever from the locked to unlocked position or vice versa. It seems that every time I push the button again and again they get even weaker. None of the locks are able to lock or be unlocked from the power buttons on driver or passenger doors. Do you know what the problem is here, or how can it be tested? Or do the actuators need to be replaced?
Category: GM
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. Can you tell me if it does this even with the remote? Do they seem to work better when it is cooler inside of the vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The remote does not work at all. I can test the remote later too see if it is emitting a signal. Not sure about the temperature - but the locks never work regardless of the temperature.

Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. There are several common causes of this on your Venice. I have seen the master switch fail and cause it as well as the wiring under the carpet fail. By far the most common though is the body control module. This fails internally and causes this. Most of the time this needs to be replaced with a new programmed unit.