Gary
Gary, GMC Technician
Experience:  15 years gm master tech/15 years ASE master tech
19513769

The other day in my 2006 h3 hummer I connected the battery

Customer Question

The other day in my 2006 h3 hummer I connected the battery terminals reversed. After that I started getting a battery signal light on. I took it to autozone they said my alternator was goin bad so I changed it battery still wouldn't keep a charge so I bought a new battery still same thing the truck keeps giving me a types of lights and dying
Category: GM
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

do you have a multi meter on hand ?

can you see if the big power wire bolted to the alternator shows 12 volts at the stud at the alternator where the big power is bolted too on it ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No stuck on side of road
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

the odds are if that new alternator is NOT charging the battery back up the big fuse # ***** in this picture was blown when the cables where connected wrong to the vehicle

the only other thing to not tell the alternator to charge would be the computer

but the odds are that big fuse as seen in this picture in the under hood fuse box is blown and not allowing voltage to the alternator so the alternator can actually work and charge

you can always get me back through this post for FREE anytime with any follow up with this question anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswer as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?