Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience GM certified
2947720

I have a 2003 Envoy, and the air bag light is on. IN the

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Envoy, and the air bag light is on. IN the past it would intermittently come on, and usually when it was cold outside, then go off as it warmed up
Category: GM
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome, thank you for using our site. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

.

******* THIS IS NOT AN ANSWER, I JUST NEED MORE INFORMATION ********

.

There are many areas of the SRS or airbag system that will cause the light to come on or blink. You will want to get the code(s) read to see what area the problem is in. Then we will have a better understanding of what the problem may be.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Where would I go to get those?
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Aside from the dealer, any reputable shop can normally read the codes with their scan tool, (they may want to charge though). Actually a body shop might do that for no charge, as it only takes a minute or so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can an auto parts store do that? I have read where some can, but is this to complex for them?
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Some can, they just have to have more than the little code readers that they use. I know they sell the scanners but not sure if they do offer that. There are also some software/cable kits that turn your laptop into a scan tool, I see them on Ebay a lot. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Is this chat considered open until I can find those out?
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Yes and any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks so much!
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Your more than welcome. Just let me know what the code(s) is and I will be able to point you in the right direction, thanks