FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified
1627031

I just had a break controller put on my hummer 2006 h2

Customer Question

Hi there I just had a break controller put on my hummer 2006 h2 brought my trailer home went to move my hummer everything works but it won't start
Category: GM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. What does the vehicle do now when you try starting it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing it's like the battery is dead does not turn over but all power works on the inside
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. You need to see what the battery voltage is. If it is below a certain amount of voltage this will occur. If the battery is fine then they may have incorrectly spliced into something when installing the controller and blown a fuse.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to charge the battery can I just use jumper cables and charge it that way I will give it a try its say the battery life is about 10 or 12
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Jumping the vehicle will still show low voltage. The best thing to do would be to charge the battery with it disconnected from the vehicle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will give that a try thanks but should a jump start make it turn over and run or not?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

It typically will, unless the battery has a shorted cell.