Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

Drivers side, back window won't go up. All other power

Customer Question

Drivers side, back window won't go up. All other power windows work. What are my options?
Category: GM
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

As far as options go you really dont have a lot. If its down you have to get it up somehow. That leaves your options to either finding and fixing the problem or wedging it up with a board or something. Do you have a scan tool and/or voltmeter to test it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have any tools beside 2 screwdrivers. The only thing I really need is to get it up so I can feel that the car won't get stolen.

In that case about your only option is to remove the door panel and unbolt the glass from the regulator and prop the window up with a piece of wood that fits between the bottom of the door and the bottom of the glass alongside the track. If you feel that is above your skill lever most shops would probably do it for an hour labor.