Gary
Gary, GMC Technician
Experience:  15 years gm master tech/15 years ASE master tech
19513769

My hummer h3 has the traction failed and reduced power light

Customer Question

My hummer h3 has the traction failed and reduced power light after turning a corner with a little power / throttle. Could it have slipped a belt? Should I have it towed to the dealership or get under the hood to check the belt?
Category: GM
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry you are having this problem

if the alternator is showing it is charging at idle then the belt should not have come off

usually with reduced power lights on it means there is a problem with the electronic throttle system which can be a connection at the gas pedal or throttle body

if you shut it off and start it back up and that message is still displayed in the dash have it towed to the dealer for them to pull the codes to find out which the problem is turning on the message in the dash as usually it will run in reduced power mode and be just about un drivable