GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

P2610 code and engine will not start

Customer Question

P2610 code and engine will not start
Category: GM
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your first name please? Does the code come back after clearing? Does the engine crank over?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm john. I had driven 200 miles. Turned truck off and it sat for four hours. Went to start it and it cranked really fast for several seconds then started. Drove it 10 miles to store. After parking before Turing off key truck shook once like some jumped into the bed of truck. I turned it off and it would not restart. Cranks fast cleared code after tow home still will not start code came back. Did not disconnect ECM to clear only used reader.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine cranks fast but will not start. The check engine light will go off if I leave the key on. Cleared code still will not start.

Ok, if you pump the top of the plunger on the filter John, does fuel leak out anywhere or does it get still and allow you to start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pump stops pumping and no leaks

ok, IF you crank the engine for 15 seconds, do any codes come up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried pumping the plunger again still no leaks. Tried starting would not start cranked fast. Checked for codes no codes. Tried starting again and it started.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't call no phone service in the mountains.

Ok, , perhaps you got a gulp of air in the system. How does to go now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Runs fine now drove it several miles

For now then let's run with it as is. If it should happen again, let me know. For the code that was set, if it comes back, there may be a firmware update but we can tell until the vehicle is attached to our GM programming server.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please rate my answer 3-5 and feel free to ask any follow up questions regarding this issue you may have. Again if you need further information, please use the Reply/Continue Conversation link to ask for more help and I would be happy to assist you further. You do not need to give a negative rating or relist the question to get more help :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had it in a few weeks ago wanting them to update the transmission firmware. It has a harsh 6 to 5 and 3 to 2 down shift. Neck jerking hard. The dealer would not do it because he could not find any codes. Argued with him forever. Going to take it to another dealer. Even gave him the service bulletin code describing the problem and the fix he still would not do it. His reasoning was it's still running so let's not mess with it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anyway thank you have a good day

I personally update when possible. Thanks and please let me know how it goes. Thanks for rating my service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well did not last long stuck again

What is your mileage?

If you are under 100000 miles, it may be covered under the diesel or powertrain warranty.