Gary
Gary, GMC Technician
Experience:  15 years gm master tech/15 years ASE master tech
19513769

I have a 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 w/ 50390 miles, this past

Customer Question

I have a 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 w/ 50390 miles, this past weekend it would not start. All cluster displays came on, windows worked and door locks. I had no response when I turned the key to start. Changed out the battery in key FOB and still nothing. Any ideas.....Desert Dweller
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: GM
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

in the under hood fuse box can you put your fingers on the starter relay and do you feel that relay click with your fingers every time someone holds the key to the crank position ?

does this have an aftermarket remote starter or security system in it ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The relay does not actuate, but the instrument cluster shows full function
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

when holding the key to crank does the fuse called crank in the under hood fuse box show 12 volts at it when holding the key to crank ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the key FOB you can lock or unlock, so yes it has a security system. And no , I have no way to verify voltage at the relay fuse. Your statements are somewhat confusing. I need to know test points, this condition is intermittent
Expert:  venus-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/gm/99diy-2004-gmc-sierra-1500-w-50390-miles-past-weekend.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.