Gary
Gary, GMC Technician
Experience:  15 years gm master tech/15 years ASE master tech
19513769

I have code po25a and message fuel pump module control

Customer Question

I have code po25a and message fuel pump module control circuit open and garry told me to check the voltage on the wire coming from ecm to fuel control module I did and told him was 5 volts and he told me is something wrong with ecm or green/white wire
but I cheked one more time and I had reading 12 volts that's mean this part is fine but my truck still don't start what can be wrong
Category: GM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what going one nobody working there iam waiting and waiting and nobody answer
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

you are sure that wire has 12 volts when cranking it over ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now iam sure I had friend which he help me
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

ok if that shows 12 volts when cranking it over then at the fuel pump module connector with the key ON does the red/white and one of the pinks show 12 volts with the key ON and is the black a good ground ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't check the different wires how I can check black wire can you tell me what's wrong if other wires don't have 12volts and tell me what I should do if other wires have 12 volts
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

with a meter set to DC volts put the black meter lead into the block wire terminal in the connector and the red lead into the red/white wire terminal with the key ON it should show 12 volts if it does then just move the red meter lead to the 2 pink wires and one of them should show 12 volts with the key ON if it does then the fuel pump control module is bad

if neither wires show 12 volts set the meter to OHMS and leave the black meter lead to the black wire terminal and rub the red meter lead to a good metal ground it should show close to 0 ohms if not run a new good ground to the black wire

if the red/white wire or one of the pinks does NOT show 12 volts check the 2 fuses # ***** and # ***** for being blown

if those fuses check out good then those 2 wires from the under hood fuse box are bad between the fuse box and the fuel pump module connector

the odds are it will have a good ground and both powers and the fuel pump module will be bad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay iam going to check this and I will be back to you later thank you for now
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

ok