GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Trying to get the cable to release out of the ignition 2007

Customer Question

Trying to get the cable to release out of the ignition for a 2007 Sierra SLE
Here's the part number 22833055
Category: GM
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, is this the shift cable? if so, what have you done so far, at what stage are you having problems? also will need series, engine size etc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 4.8 L its the part where the gear shifter goes into got three bolts lose taking the gear loose from underneath it's the black cable that goes up inside the ignition I know how to release it gets so far and it won't come out any further I didn't know there was another release button somewhere
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

ok, I think you mean the shift cable, have you unhooked at steering column area, unhooked at trans?> correct? and trying to feed it through? is this correct or am I misunderstanding

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These are pictures of the new Newpart and the part I'm having trouble getting out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

I will opt out, I am not finding an exact match in the repair guide to send, Another expert should be along soon to help, Sorry I could not

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still haven't heard anything do you think you guys will be able to help?
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Are you still needing help this morning?