Chris (aka- Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

07 envoy puttered from a stop sign and quit. had it towed

Customer Question

07 envoy puttered from a stop sign and quit. had it towed home. put a galon of gas in it. Its parked on a hill with the front pointed up hill. After putting in the gas it woukld not start. Sprayed starting fluid and it started but stalled.
Category: GM
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't get an answer. The funds came out of my account. But did not get an answer

Since it runs on starting fluid this means the spark and compression is good. So we need to check the fuel pressure with a pressure gauge and hose and the injector pulse with a noid. Is that something you can do?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's late here. I will check it in the morning and let you know.

Super

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've got to get a gage. I heard the pump cycle then stop. Would the filter get clogged all of a sudden?

The filter would only clog if you got bad fuel, its rare to happen overnight though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The anti theft isn't showing on the dash board. I'm stumped. Remember it was driving fine with no hesitation. I went to go and it hesitated then puttered like running out of gas. It made it about another 1/4 mile then it died and wouldn't start. The gauge shows 1/4 tank. When I had it towed, the tow truck backed it in the driveway with the rear pointed downhill. My drive is a little steep. Not real steep. I put 1 gallon in it. Would the 1 gallon make it start at the slope it's parked? If it ran out would I need to prime it? Seems like a fuel pump would quit and not let me drive another 1/4 mile. Almost ready to tow it to a shop. I know they will sick it to me

This fuel system requires no priming, you just turn the key on and it builds pressure. Any luck yet on a fuel pressure test?