Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience GM certified
2947720

GM: Ken, I'm Mike. Just inherited a 2003 Yukon slt and

Customer Question

Hi Ken, I'm Mike. Just inherited a 2003 Yukon slt and it has intermittent A/C. Typical "workaround" has been nothing more than cycling it off then back on. Does not act low on refrigerant. Blows very cold and sweats where expected. Was looking for typical issues with this model. Switches, relays, etc...
Category: GM
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
**** PLEASE REMEMBER THAT A BAD RATING WILL NOT GIVE YOU AN AUTOMATIC REFUND ***** However there is a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
.
Most times it is the low pressure switch. There is a factory service bulletin on them.
.
Here is a link to what it states.
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rssuymm3ktg1hsz/Air%20Conditioning.pdf?dl=0
….
Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks
.
.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Did you get that?
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome and please come again, anytime, thanks
.
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes. Daughter in law just left for work in the subject vehicle, so I can't check till the morning. next time it shuts off I could jump over the switch before power cycling it and see.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Actually you will want to wiggle the wires and tap lightly on the switch, before jumping it out. That will start them working in most cases, thanks.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
If for some reason you don't wish to rate the answer(s), please state in a post that you are happy with the service that I have provided you so that I can send it in next month as a no click rating, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, just now gained access to the vehicle again. Initially it seemed as though it may have been the switch, as tapping on it and wiggling it seemed to make the compressor turn on again. I jumped over the switch and it worked for a longer period of time but now it quit again. So I'm headed over to see if the compressor is even turning on at all.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
I have found that jumping the switch can lead to more problems. It is possible that the pressure was actually going low, (if there is a clog in the system). There is also a possibility that the high pressure is going too high. You will want to see what the pressures are as it seems that we have covered the "typical issues" with it, thanks
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
If for some reason you don’t wish to rate the answer please state in a post that you are happy with the answers and the service I have provided so that I can send it in as a no click rating and get paid for my time, thanks