GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

GM H3: H3 key fob will not open door. Tried re-programming,

Customer Question

H3 key fob will not open door. Tried re-programming, didn't work. Well, it would work if I was INSIDE the vehicle. Just changed battery in both key fobs. Now, neither will work. Will not even manually unlock doors. I cannot get in the vehicle. Help, please.
Category: GM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So much for within 10 minutes. This is a scam!
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
Not a scam, I'm sorry to keep you waiting. Will the doors unlock with a key?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot enter the vehicle.
OK, so the lock is apparently jammed as well. Does the key turn when you put it in the lock cylinder of the door? Or is it stuck in one place? It sounds like you need to give this some "encouragement" in the form of wiggling and manipulating, and perhaps some lubricant like WD40. The problem with the door lock cylinders is that they are used so rarely, they get corroded inside and bind up, but they usually come loose with some persistence. Try holding your transmitter up against the body or glass and seeing if that works, if the signal is weak, the antenna might pick it up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jerry, I had previously tried all of this. But, following your instructions, I did so again, and none of this worked. I've wasted more than 24 hours now. The first response was very slow. I see that I've been charged $26. I am not at all pleased with that. For $26, I got nothing that I didn't already know, and/or, had tried. I still cannot enter my vehicle. Thanks for your attempt, but I'm going to have ask for a refund of my $26.I'm calling AAA in the morning.