GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

GM Buick Lasabre: Just bought a '92 buick lasabre and the dome

Customer Question

Just bought a '92 buick lasabre and the dome light stays on all the time. Also the vanity mirror lights are not working even though I replaced the lights. Thoughts on where to look first?
Category: GM
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
Which light did you replace, on the map lights above the driver's seat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vanity mirror lights that are on the visor driver side. Dome lights got resolved and they are now working properly. However the vanity lights are still out even with a change in the light "bulbs" - they look like small cylinder fuses but that is what the auto store sold me. I did take the original "bulb" in to show them.
OK, so dome lights are working properly. Good. I would take out the three screws that hold the visor to the roof, and just drop it down and pull the wire out of the roof a little, for purposed of looking at the wiring. It's common for the wires to break right in this area due to the visor movement. You can also check for power and ground at that point to see which one is missing, if the wiring looks good.