Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Hummer H3: I have a 2008 H3 Hummer with in dash navigation/radio.

Customer Question

I have a 2008 H3 Hummer with in dash navigation/radio. I am getting an error message when I tried to use the Navigation and when I tried to access the navigation dvd, the face screen won't move forward. What do I try next?
Category: GM
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
This navigation/radio unit is self-contained, and if it's giving you read errors or not working properly, it needs to be replaced/rebuilt. Your GM dealer has a list of companies that will direct exchange this unit for you, usually via overnight shipping. These companies will also retrieve your disc if necessary, and send it to you. There's not much else that you can do, if the radio is powered up but not responding to commands, the radio needs to be replaced.