FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified
1627031

GM Yukon Denali: 04 GMC Yukon has uneven throttle response

Customer Question

04 GMC Yukon has uneven throttle response - around 2k RPM - vehicle noticeably slows and speeds up with consistent peddle position?
Category: GM
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if the check engine light is coming on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No check engine light yet
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the response. Though this can be caused by a number of different issues most of the time this is caused by a fluctuation of fuel pressure from a failing fuel pump or a bad signal from the throttle position sensor in the throttle body. Did you plan on fixing this yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuel pump / fuel sending unit is about 1.5 years old? Still could be bad. Just put the truck through a fairly decent workout hauling a heavy camper. Worked pretty hard most of the time but did good. Shifted into high gear a lot. Suggested it could be a dirty throttle body - but i'm skeptical? Would you recommend replacing or testing the throttle position sensor or should I first attempt to test the fuel pump? Planning on taking it on another camper trip and would really hate to break down in nowheresville?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. You need to test the fuel pressure to see if it holds steady when this is occurring. If it is not then replace the pump. If it is fine then test the tps.