GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

GM suburban: I have an 07 suburban that im trying to replace

Customer Question

I have an 07 suburban that im trying to replace the main driver side window switch, but I was told I need to program it. how do you do that
Category: GM
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I am Cam. I am afraid this is not something most can do, and the reason is because of special tools and subscriptions. Let me explain. Programming does not mean a relearn done by performing some sequence inside the vehicle, programming is done with a scanner like the GM tech 2 or the GM mdi plugged into the vehicle then connected to our computers and interfaced through the web to the GM programming server. The calibrations are based on the VIN and the download package selected then installs on the module. This does not take long, 20 mins or so.