DanielJones
DanielJones, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC
15093763

Hummer H3: Dan, my wife dropped her diamond ring between

Customer Question

Hi Dan, my wife dropped her diamond ring between the windshield and the opening in the dash so I am needing to remove the entire dashboard
Category: GM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vehicle is a (GM) Hummer H3 2006
Expert:  DanielJones replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I will do my best to help you get her ring back I will get you the info you need
This is a very involved procedure. Removal ProcedureDisable the SIR system by removing the air bag fuses in the fuse panel.Remove the instrument panel (I/P) storage compartment.Remove the left and right windshield garnish moldings.Remove the left and right front door sill plates.Remove the left and right lower cowl panels.Remove the instrument panel center trim plate.Remove the radio.Remove the left air outlet.Remove the right air outlet.Remove the knee bolster bracket.Remove the instrument panel cluster (IPC) trim panel.Remove the instrument panel cluster.Remove the headlamp switch and retain for transfer.Remove the 3 upper I/P nuts retaining the I/P to the bulkhead.Remove the screw located behind the IPC.Remove the 2 screws retaining the I/P compartment door latch striker.Remove the 3 lower I/P retaining screws located near the I/P storage compartment.Remove the digital radio receiver. Remove the 2 screws located in the IPM opening.Remove the screw from the I/P end cap.Reach through the I/P storage compartment (1) opening and remove the screw retaining the I/P carrier to the I/P structureGrasp the lower center edge of the I/P and pull rearward in order to release the 2 retaining clips.Grasp the lower right edge of the I/P and pull rearward in order to release the retaining clip.Pull the I/P partially away from the I/P structure.With automatic transmission, move the gear selector to low range and remove the shift knob.With manual transmission, place the gear selector in 2nd or 4th gear and remove the shift knob.With the aid of an assistant, carefully remove the I/P from the vehicle.Remove the HVAC distributor duct from the instrument panel assembly.Disconnect the keyless entry antenna from the body control module (BCM).Installation ProcedureConnect the keyless entry antenna to the BCM.Install the HVAC distributor duct to the instrument panel assembly. With the aid of an assistant, partially install the I/P cover to the I/P structure.Reach through the left side of the IPC opening and install the I/P wiring harness clips  to the I/P.Reach through the IPC opening and install the I/P wiring harness clips  to the I/P.Reach through the center stack opening and install the I/P wiring harness clips  to the HVAC vent.Reach through the IPM opening and install the I/P wiring harness clips to the I/P.Ensure all the wire harness and electrical connectors are not pinched between the I/P and I/P structure.Connect the electrical connectors to the power outlets.Push on the lower center edge of the I/P and seat the  retaining clips.Push on the lower right edge of the I/P and seat the retaining clip.Install the 3 upper HVAC duct screws retaining the duct to the I/P.TightenTighten the screws to 27 lb in Install the 3 upper nuts retaining the I/P to the bulkhead.TightenTighten the nuts to 80 lb in. Reach through the I/P storage compartment opening  and install the screw retaining the I/P carrier to the I/P structure.TightenTighten the screw to 27 lb in. Install the 2 screws located in the IPM opening.TightenTighten the screws to 27 lb in Install the end cap screw.TightenTighten the screws to 22 lb in Position the hazard warning switch harness through the routing hole.Install the 2 screws retaining the I/P compartment door latch.TightenTighten the screws to 27 lb in.Install the 3 lower I/P retaining screws located near the I/P storage compartment.TightenTighten the screws to 80 lb in Install the screw located behind the IPC.TightenTighten the screw to 80 lb in Install the 3 upper I/P bolt covers.Install the ambient light sensor.Install the headlamp switch.Install the left air outlet.Install the IPC.Install the IPC trim plate.Install the knee bolster bracket.Install the digital radio receiver.Install the right air outlet.Install the radio.Install the instrument panel center trim panel.Install the I/P storage compartment.Install the left and right windshield garnish moldings.Install the left and right lower cowl panels.Install the left and right front door sill plates.Install the transmission shift knob.Enable the SIR system.
Just wanted to get an update on how you made out with vehicle.
Thanks
Please take the time to leave feedback and rate my service for my response to your problem. I don't get paid unless you rate my service.