GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

GM gmc 1500 pickup: I have a 2007 gmc 1500 sierra 4x4. AC worked

Customer Question

I have a 2007 gmc 1500 sierra 4x4. AC worked good until all of a sudden after stopping ot and restarting it after 5 min it would blow only hot air. changed blend door actuator, didn't work so I changed the control panel, didn't work. Took out blend door actuator and moved the door manualy and I have cold air. Took it to a mechanic and he put his computer on it and said there is a blue wire that is or is not grounded correctly. I have traced out the blue wire from air control panel to the blend door actuator and have good conunity. What do I do now?
Category: GM
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Hello, do you have a digital volt meter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
ok, step one, unplug the temp actuator, Insert the NEG lead into the black wire terminals, the POS lead into the Brown wire terminal, Turn key to RUN, I need that voltage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is only a light brown wire. the voltage between the light brown and black is 11.95vdc
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
try NEG lead to black, POS lead to blue, turn key on, adjust temp slowly, voltages?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get no voltage between black and blue also no voltage to ground on either
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry in that I just do not know, You changed the control panel,and actuator, I have to opt out, Another expert should be along soon to take over