GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

GM: My 2008 duramax doesn't seem to be getting fuel. I have

Customer Question

My 2008 duramax doesn't seem to be getting fuel. I have pressured up the tank and had good fuel to the fuel filter housing but it will not get to the engine. The filter housing pump can't seem to prime the system itself. I have a feeling the filter pump is the issue.
Category: GM
Expert:  MPMoore replied 1 year ago.
If you are pumping the primer pump on the top of the fuel filter housing and there is no fuel coming out, then it's likely the pump is bad. You could test it if you have a vacuum gauge, on the fuel supply side, connect the vacuum gauge and pump the primer, you should get a good vacuum reading on the gauge, if not then the pump is bad. You would have to replace the housing, pump is not repairable.