FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified
1627031

GM Sierra: 2005 sierra crew. Replaced the battery recently

Customer Question

2005 sierra crew. Replaced the battery recently and the interior light stopped working. What should I check and what could be the cause? Interior light worked before the battery was changed.
Category: GM
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you tell me if all of the other electronics seem to work fine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, every thing else is working fine.

Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. One last question so I know where to begin. Where the battery cables accidentally crossed at any point?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They were not.

Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Start by checking the two TBC fuses in the fuse box under the dash. If those are fine then also make sure that the ground connections on the negative battery cable are clean and tight. If those are also fine then we would need to run through some tests with a voltage meter. Make sure you check the dinner knob also.