Amedee
Amedee, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech with advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

GM Sonoma: I have two questions about my 97 Sonoma: 1.

Customer Question

I have two questions about my 97 Sonoma:
1. The brakes occasionally make a winding noise and pedal goes hard. I need to pump brakes to engage brakes. It usually occurs after I'm driving for a few minutes and make a quick stop at a gas station or coffee shop. Once I begin driving again it will happen as I am coming to a stop to pull out of the parking lot. I have had a mechanical look at it and it apparently is registering multiply problem codes, and the mechanical is not sure where to begin.
2. As I bought this truck used, is there anyway of finding out if any recalls have been completed on my vehicle?
I don't have problems braking while driving, like if I have to brake on the highway. But the ABS light
Category: GM
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello! The brake issue is is caused by an ABS issue. The noise you are hearing is the ABS pump running. It does this because the ABS computer things the vehicle is losing traction because of a bad ABS wheel speed sensor. Have your mechanic check the speed sensors and replace them as needed. Also, call your local GM dealership and give them your vin. Then can let you know if there are any open recalls on your vehicle.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
I am glad I can help! Please dont forget to rate my answer for assisting you today. Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things turned out and if you need further assistance. Please let me know.
Customer