Gary
Gary, GMC Technician
Experience:  15 years gm master tech/15 years ASE master tech
19513769

Which wires do I connect splicers to on 2014 Silverado 1500

Customer Question

Which wires do I connect splicers to on 2014 Silverado 1500 5.3l engine. It has seven wire _ the color codes are grey/blue,black/white,green/white,purple/blue,yellow/white,white/red,and white/blue?
Category: GM
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** will assist you. I will need a little more information please.
what is the reason for splicing?
what are you connecting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you a GeForce tech. This is a gforce chip. I am trying to install the gforce performance chip for a 2014 Chevy silverado
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Okay, thank you. ***** am a GM Tech.
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.
you need to know which 2 IAT wire to tap into for your Gforce chip correct ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Correct! But I have since gone back to the dealership I bought the vehicle at and talked to a tech . He couldn't be sure, but gave me his recommendation on what two wires he thought I should connect. So I have tried his recommendation but I have to drive the vehicle 100 miles before any answers will be forthcoming!
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
the 2 wires to connect the Gchip is the white/dark blue and the black/white wires
those are the 2 wires to use
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks! I know this is a difficult question to answer because of the testimonials I have sifted thru since I purchased the part! I guess it boils down to who u believe. Thanks anyway for your response!
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
its not difficult at all one wire is the IAT signal wire and the other is a ground to put the chip in
we have done many of them
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On the wiring diagram I got from my dealership, it shows the green/white as the signal wire which is the one I used!
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
cut and paste this here
this is the connector and wiring colors for this truck
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B44D0F00649BC959!1043&authkey=!AGh9bVD1e-VjApA&ithint=folder%2c