Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

GM chev express: ; I own a 199 6.5 td chevy express , I

Customer Question

Hi;
I own a 199 6.5 td chevy express , I just replaced the IP and I 'm not getting fuel to the injectors, I disconnected the inlet and return line I'm getting good flow in but barely nothing out, any clue ?
Category: GM
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
It's likely air locked. Crack the lines on some of the injectors, and just crank crank crank that engine until fuel comes out of those lines. These can be very tough to start after a pump replacement. The key is that you have lift pump pressure, that's good. Most guys overlook that. Some guys will use a shot of ether to get things running. Not recommended, but I can tell you that it works to push the air out of an injection pump.