GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My transmission just stopped working on my 2004 trailblazer. If I shut

Customer Question

my transmission just stopped working on my 2004 trailblazer. If I shut it off and start it back up, I can go for a hundred yards or more before it starts slipping again. Thoughts?
Category: GM
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear about this issue with your Trailblazer. Can I get your name please? I am CAm. First off, can you tell me what the colour and condition of your transmission fluid is? Please be VERY specific, brown, black, red, pink, bits of those colours and such? Is it clear, particles inside or what.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It seems pretty normal. Brownish reddish I'd say
brown is a very bad colour for a transmission. Brown is burnt clutch packs. The fact it start moving then stops tells me it simply cannot increase the pressure enough to compensate. Boy I hate to say it but from everything you have mentioned so far, I am 99% certain you have internal transmission issues and will require either a rebuild or a replacement of your transmission.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the info, however sad... Time to call AAA! Have a great Sunday.
IF I may make a suggestion, I would not spend the money to have yours rebuilt, I would get a complete reman unit. GM sells theirs at a reasonable cost and with a 3 year, 100000 mile warranty which is good at any GM dealer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great to know. Thanks again!
Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please rate my answer 3-5 or OK to Excellent service and feel free to ask any follow up questions regarding this issue you may have.Please know that the only compensation for my time spent assisting you is when you provide that rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
5
Thank you . Please make the selection at the top of the screen.