GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
10949255

2004 Yukon: Drivers Side Blend Door Actuator..Climate control..diagram

I am trying to replace the Drivers Side Blend Door Actuator for a 2004 Yukon with Dual Climate control and need to see a diagram of where it actually is and how to replace it please.
Category: GM
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Cam. At anytime during our discussion you need more information or clarification, please reply.
First, we have a new rating system on the site, please do not rate this answer if this does not work or if you need more information. If so please use the reply to expert button to reply to me rather than clicking a star. If it does work and you are 100% satisfied with my service then please by all means click the appropriate star to rate me or the accept button if that is showing.

HERE IS A DIAGRAM AND INSTRUCTIONS
For this.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cam,
Those instructions are for something totally different. I am looking for the Blend Door actuator for the drivers side HVAC system location and replacement.

Thanks
You need to single mode door actuator then not the drivers side heater door controler?

just for clarification, the actuator on the drivers side is for the mode, the bottom one I pictured in the diagram is the temperature door actuator for the drivers side and the passengers us on the top of the assembly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I apologize. On the internet, everyone gets the terms all confused. My original problem was that the drivers side blows out very hot air all the time even in A/C mode (passenger side is fine), and I get the ticking noise that seems to happen all the time to Yukon A/C systems. So I need the instructions for replacing whatever air door actuator I need to replace. By the way, I have tried disconnecting the battery and reseting the calibration and that worked for a while, but now it is stuck in that position evidenty.

I am sorry I was not more informative. This is a really aggravating problem.
Ok, the instructions I posted are for the actuator that controls the drivers side heat John so replace that according to the actuator and it will fix this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cam,

Maybe I just got the wrong attachment, the one I have attached says I have to remove the drive shaft, are you sure this is correct? Looks like a speed encoder to me on the transfer case.
Sorry, that is a glitch, TRY THIS ONE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cam,

We are getting warmer, but I think that is the passenger side, because I see no brake pedal here. I need the drivers side, and by the way, that picture had no center console either, in case that makes a difference. I would be happy to call you if that would make it easier.

Thanks,

No, John. The one above the drivers pedal controls where it comes out only. the one pictured is the one for the drivers side. The center console you can work around. There is a single screw under then under the edge that is 7mm like the read and a deep 1/4 socket will remove it. Then the actuator you can get out as well, but with a shallow 5.5mm.

THe alternative is taking the whole center console out which will take 2-3 hours, but you can replace the actautor this way. I have large hands and I could. The plastic will flex slightly and that is all you need.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cam,

I am so very sorry, but I cannot get a spatial picture of where this actually is. Is there a picture that points out where the actuator actually is? I do see an actuator in the Yukon above and to the right of the accellerator pedal but that seems awfully low to me, something that would control floor vent flow, and the part number on this does not match the desciption of the drivers side mode door actuator. Is that the one you are referring to, and if it is, can you provide me the correct part number.

Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
here is the photoactuator
John, the one you see above the fuel pedal is the mode door that changes the modes and that is why it does not match.
In this picture, #1 is the temp door actuator for the drivers side.
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cam,

Again I am sorry. I look under the drivers side and I do not see anything like the picture that you sent. I am sure that is the correct drawing, but it has no context to where that is under the dash. I am just a stupid electrical engineer that needs a picture that will look like what I will see under there. Maybe we can try this. I have taken off the panel under the steering wheel, and removed a control box and bracket that is above the brake pedal. Is it right above that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is is possible that that I have not caught on the fact that the drivers side mode door is on the passenger side of the vehicle?
Yes that is exactly what I have been trying to say. As odd as it seems, that is the drivers side and the passengers is on top of the case deep in the dash.
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well shame on me, lol. Who would have thunk to look on the opposite side for the controller. I ahte to say, but in all the instructions I looked up, no one ever said that the drivers side actuator was on the passenger side, lol.

thanks for your patience and I will give it a go. I saw from your profile you were in Alberta, and I still tell everyone that my trip to Lake Louise was the prettiest place I have ever been. I did some work up at Grande Prairie with Weyerhaeuser years ago.

Thanks again.

God Bless,