Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.

what cod p2146 and p0207 cylinder 7 open means?and how much it cost

Customer Question

what cod P2146 and P0207 cylinder 7 open means?and how much it cost to fixed.
Category: GM
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 2 years ago.
Here is some information from GM that you might find useful about this issue.

Models:2004–2005 Chevrolet Silverado
2004–2005 Chevrolet Kodiak C4500/C5500 Series
2004–2005 GMC Sierra
2004–2005 GMC Topkick C4500/C5500 Series
with 6.6L Duramax™ Diesel Engine (VIN 2 – RPO LLY)

This bulletin is being revised to add DTC P1294 to Subject Line and Condition Statement. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 05-06-04-047B (Section 06 — Engine/Propulsion System).

Condition

Some customers may comment on the Service Engine Soon light becoming illuminated along with a severe reduction in engine power (limp home mode). Upon investigation, the technician may find DTCs P0202 and P2149 or P0207 and P2146 or P1294.

Cause

The injector connector circuits on cylinders 2 and 7 are not fully supported near the connector and are more susceptible to terminal breakage from engine vibration.

Correction

If published diagnostics lead to an injector connector, install the revised 90 degree connector and the harness support bracket from the service kit, P/N 98017958, using the following repair procedures.

Repair Procedure for Left Bank Cylinder Number 2

1. Disconnect the negative battery cables. Refer to Service Information (SI) for the Battery Negative Cable Disconnect/Connect Procedure (Single Battery) and Battery Negative Cable Disconnect/Connect Procedure (Auxiliary Battery).
2. Remove the left wheelhouse panel. Refer to Service Information (SI) for the Wheelhouse Panel Replacement.
3. Remove the left charge air cooler inlet pipe. Refer to Service Information (SI) for the Charged Air Cooler Hoses/Pipes Replacement (Left).

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Click here for detailed picture of above image.
4. Disconnect cylinder number 2 and cylinder number 4 fuel injector harness connectors.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
5. Remove the cylinder number 2 glow plug connector nut and remove the cylinder number 2 glow plug harness connector from the glow plug.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
6. Remove the fuel injector harness bracket bolt.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
7. Cut the tape to remove the fuel injector harness bracket and discard the bracket.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
8. Cut cylinder number 2 fuel injector connector off the engine harness approximately 38.1 mm (1.5 in) away from the base of the connector.
Important: It is not necessary to maintain the same polarization of the injector circuits.
9. Strip approximately ¼ inch of insulation from both fuel injector circuits and, using the supplied Duraseal® connectors, crimp the new 90 degree fuel injector connector to the engine harness.
10. Use an Ultra Torch, or equivalent, to shrink the tubing and set the glue in the Duraseal® connectors.
11. Secure the Duraseal® connectors with electrical tape.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
12. Position the new injector harness bracket to align with the bracket bolt hole and secure to the harness with electrical tape.
13. Install the new injector harness bracket and original bolt.

Tighten
Tighten the fuel injector harness bracket bolt to 10 N·m (89 lb in).

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
14. Install the cylinder number 2 glow plug harness connector and nut.

Tighten
Tighten the glow plug harness connector nut to 2 N·m (18 lb in).

15. Connect the cylinder number 2 and cylinder number 4 fuel injector harness connectors.
16. Install the left charge air cooler inlet pipe. Refer to Service Information (SI) for the Charged Air Cooler Hoses/Pipes Replacement (Left).
17. Install the left wheelhouse panel. Refer to Service Information (SI) for the Wheelhouse Panel Replacement.

Repair Procedure for Right Bank Cylinder Number 7

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
1. Remove the fuel filter assembly bolts.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
2. Position the fuel filter assembly out of the way.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
3. Disconnect cylinder number 7 fuel injector harness connector and cut the number 7 fuel injector harness connector wires directly at the base of the connector.
4. Strip approximately ¼ inch of insulation from both fuel injector circuits and, using the supplied Duraseal® connectors, crimp the new 90 degree fuel injector connector to the engine harness.
5. Use an Ultra Torch, or equivalent, to shrink the tubing and set the glue in the Duraseal® connectors.
6. Secure the Duraseal® connectors with electrical tape.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
7. Install the new injector harness bracket to the upper valve cover.
8. Install the injector harness bracket bolts supplied with the kit.

Tighten
Tighten the injector harness bracket bolts to 20 N·m (15 lb ft).

9. Connect the cylinder number 7 injector harness connector.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
10. Install the injector harness to the bracket as shown.
11. Install the fuel filter assembly.
12. Install the fuel filter assembly bolts.

Tighten
Tighten the fuel filter assembly bolts to 20 N·m (15 lb ft).

13. Connect the negative battery cables. Refer to Service Information (SI) for the Battery Negative Cable Disconnect/Connect Procedure (Single Battery) and Battery Negative Cable Disconnect/Connect Procedure (Auxiliary Battery).

Parts Information

Part Number

Description

Qty

98017958

Injector Connectors #2 and #7 Service Repair Kit

1
Jerry Newton, GMC Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how much that will cost?
The repair kit is about $300, and you can expect to pay your mechanic a couple hours of labor to do it, so right around $500.