GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

GM Tahoe: My 2006 chevy tahoe rear door wont open. Neither

My 2006 chevy tahoe rear door won't open. Neither the window. So how do I get inside if the rear door won't open?
Category: GM
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

You are talking about the rear hatch, correct?

Do the rear side doors unlock?

Do you hear anything in the hatch try to unlock with the remote?

Most often if this is isolated to the rear hatch, it is a faulty actuator in the hatch. What you will need to do is climb in the back and remove the trim panel. You can do this with the door closed. Start working down from the top of the panel. around the glass latch there are 2 push puns. Use a small bent tool to push the center of the pin in, then you can pull them out. Once you get the panel back you can manually unlock the door and open it then test. Test for powre at the two wires of the actuator to see if they get power in lock or uinlock. If yes then replace the actuator assembly. It is about a 350$ part.
If not then check the wiring in the boot that runs from the body to the top of the liftgate for broken wires.